Quite a bit of buzz erupted through the world of action cameras when Sony announced a line. This is mainly due to the upstanding reputation of Sony, which promises features such as superior image quality, GPS and image stabilization.
Don’t miss a second of the action with the only mountable video camera capable of capturing the moment in legendary Sony video quality. Thanks to the innovative features of this device, you can easily capture, transfer and share footage. The Sony HDR-AS30V Action Cam is the ideal partner for any adventure loving go getter. Regardless of if you want to capture your trip down river rapids or make sure you don’t miss a moment of your child’s game, the Sony Action Cam HDR-AS30V is ready to go.
It is specifically designed for POV (point-of-view) shooting for any high action sporting event, including mountain biking, skydiving, motocross, surfing and more. It will support Full HD 1920 x 1080p recording at 30 or 60 frames per second. With built-in Wi-Fi capability, you can transfer all your photos and movies to your wireless device without needing a cable. This, along with a number of other innovative features makes it a top choice for anyone interested in capturing every second of the action.
For some, purchasing an action camera is a no-brainer. All they have to do is find an affordable option with decent picture quality. However, if you demand the highest-quality results for both images and quality and an easy-to-use device, then the Sony HDR-AS30V is a smart option that you should consider investing in. Some features that make it stand out from all the rest include:
- SteadyShot stabilization for images that reduces the blur.
- One touch NFC and built-in Wi-Fi for the ability to view with your smartphone.
- Included GPS that plots location while calculating telemetry.
- 6 different video modes, which include 4x slow motion and 1080/60p HD.
- Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar ultra wide 170-degree professional quality lens.
- Enhanced sensitivity of the Exmor R CMOS sensor, which helps produce superior images.
The actual device is fairly easy to learn to use, as well, making it an appealing option for those who don’t want to have to spend days or even hours figuring out all the buttons and commands. Capturing video is as easy as point and shoot, making it ideal for anyone who wants to remain on the go.
What’s Unique about the Sony HDR-AS30V
While the standard features make it an exciting product, there are a few unique features that help the Sony HDR-AS30V make a real impression when it comes to quality action videos and images. These features include:
- Ruggedized waterproof housing
- Universal tripod mount
- 12MP still images when used in photo mode
- Compatible with Micro SD/SDHC and Memory Stick Micro
- Integrated stereo mic providing superior sound quality and recording
- Easy transfer your files with HDMI output
- Operate with ease thanks to the included remote control
- Slim, thin and light-weight design
The slim line design of the Sony HDR-AS30V means there is less water and wind pressure, making it the ideal option for outdoor activities, including cycling. It is also compatible with a number of mounting accessories, allowing you to capture amazing videos, all hands-free.
Sony HDR-AS30V Price
Offered for sale between $130 and $200 (based on where you buy) the Sony HDR-AS30V comes in significantly lower than its main competitors. This makes it an affordable and quality option to consider. With features that are typically only offered on more expensive models, these cameras deliver on the promises the brand has made.
While the Sony HDR-AS30V is an overall great product, there are a few drawbacks that any potential customer should be aware of. For example, it does not offer an angle adjustment when mounted and the mounting is often awkward if it is not on a flat surface. There are still very limited accessories for mounting, therefore, it can be cumbersome to use for some sports and activities.
When compared to the first generation, HDR-AS15 Action Cam, the Sony HDR-AS30V is 25 percent smaller and 35 percent lighter. It is also able to be operated with easy-to-use and understand buttons, which are conveniently located on the side of the waterproof housing.
With an affordable price and decent features and functions, this Action Cam is well-worth the investment. It is rumored that Sony is working on updates to this version, but for action lovers who want to keep costs down, this model offers great images and video results.
Sony AS30V High Definition POV Action Video Camera HDR-AS30V
10 used from $89.99
- SteadyShot image stabilization reduces blur
- Built-in Wi-Fi and one touch NFC for remote control and viewing via smartphone1
- 6 video modes including 1080/60p HD and 4x slow motion
VVHOOY 360 Degree Rotation Glove Style Band Wrist Strap Mount Strip Belt with Screw for GoPro Hero 5 Sony AKASO...Free shipping
- 1.360 Degrees rotation allows more shooting angles,The glove type camera hand mount gives the user the ability to rotate 360 deg camera
- 2.Compatible With GOPRO Hero 5 black 4 3 2 1 session,Sony HDR-AS20 HDR-AS100V HDR-AS30V HDR-AS15 HDR AS20 AS100V AS30V AS15,XIAOMI YI,DBPOWER,Lightdow,AKASO EK7000,WIMIUS,Cymas,ODRVM,Victure,APEMAN,Vtin,Vikeepro,Campark,Canany,EKEN, SOOCOO,homkm,NEXGADGET,AEDILYS,Yuntab,SJCAM SJ4000 Series etc.(if you are not sure,please e-mail us or leave a message.thank you)
Essential Accessories Kit For Sony HDR-CX240, HDR-PJ275, HDR-CX440, HDR-CX405, HDR-PJ440, FDR-X1000V, AS200V, HDR-AS30V, HDR-AS15 Camera Includes Replacement NP-BX1 Battery +...Free shipping
- This Accessories Bundle Kit Includes Extended Replacement (1600maH) NP-BX1, NP-BX1/M8 Battery + AC/DC Charger + Micro HDMI Cable + Case + 50 Tripod + More
- This Kit Includes Some Of The Essential Accessories You Need To Take Full Advantage Of Your New Sony HDR-CX240, HDRCX240/B, HDRCX240/L, HDR-PJ275, HDRPJ275/B, HDR-AS30V, HDR-AS10, HDR-AS15, HDR-MV1, HDR-CX440, HDRCX440/B, HDRCX440, HDR-CX405, HDRCX405, HDRCX405/B, HDR-PJ440, HDRPJ440, HDRPJ440/B, FDR-X1000V, FDR-X1000V/W, FDRX1000V/W, FDR-X1000VR/W, AS200V, AS200 Action Video Camera And Sony DSC-RX100M IV Digital Camera
Better than the industry leader? Find it out!